VICTOR: Well, it's been good to meet you Sam, and very interesting to hear about your business.
維克多:真的很高興見到你,薩姆。而且聽你講你的生意非常有意思。
SAM: Look, we are having a small dinner for some of our clients and friends after this. Why don't you join us?
薩姆:我們正要去吃一個簡單的晚餐,和幾個朋友還有客戶在這個聚會結(jié)束之后。你何不跟我們一起?
VICTOR: That's very kind of you. I'll just check with my associate whether they have other arrangements for us.
維克多:謝謝你的好意。我要和我的助理確認一下,以免他對我們有其他安排。
SAM: Your associate is most welcome to join us too.
薩姆:歡迎你的助理和我們一起來。
VICTOR: Thankyou - excuse me. Walter, This is Sam Eriks from Eriks imports. He has very kindly invited us to a dinner.
維克多:謝謝,稍等。沃爾特,這是薩姆艾瑞克斯,來自艾瑞克斯進口公司。他很親切地邀請我們共進晚餐。
SAM: Yes, would you like to join us?
薩姆:是的,你愿意加入我們嗎?
WALTER: Unfortunately I have another engagement, but thank you for the invitation.
沃爾特:真是不湊巧我有其他約了,但是謝謝你的邀請。
SAM: Well, perhaps you could join us after that for a drink?
薩姆:或許你在那之后可以過來喝點東西?
WALTER: Sounds great. I'd be happy to. Where shall we meet?
沃爾特:聽起來不錯,我愿意來。我們在哪見?
SAM: How about the lounge bar here. At about ten?
薩姆:大約十點在這里的休閑酒吧怎么樣?
WALTER: I'll see you then. Excuse me…
沃爾特:到時見。先失陪了。
SAM: Lin. Victor's joining us for dinner.
薩姆:琳,維克多將和我們一起吃晚餐。
LIN: Oh wonderful.
琳:哦!太好了。
VICTOR: I hope you don't mind.
維克多:我希望你不會介意。
LIN: Of course not, you're most welcome.
琳:當然不了,歡迎你。
SAM: Well, shall we make a move?
薩姆:好了,我們是不是該走了?
LIN: Would you mind if I just say goodbye to a few people?
琳:你們介不介意我先和幾個人告?zhèn)別?
SAM: No problem - we'll see you outside in a few minutes.
薩姆:沒問題,幾分鐘后在外面見。
LIN: Okay.
琳:好的。